Encountering the "Wrong email/password combination" error when attempting to log in can be frustrating. If you have a Gmail address with a dot (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and are facing this issue, it's likely due to how your email address is stored in our database.
How did this issue start?
If your Gmail address contains a dot, like email@example.com, and you used it to sign up for our services, our system has stored it without the dot as firstname.lastname@example.org. As a result, when you try to log in with your usual address (email@example.com), our system doesn't recognize it, leading to the "Wrong email/password combination" error.
What can I do to solve this issue?
Try logging in with your Gmail address without the dot: firstname.lastname@example.org. This should work now.
Once successfully logged in, visit your account's settings page.
Here, you can update your email address to your preferred one, such as email@example.com.
Don't forget to update your password if you want to change it as well.
Why did we make this change?
We implemented this change to enhance your security and privacy. It ensures that we store and use your email address correctly while minimizing confusion during the login process.
If you encounter difficulties updating your email address or have other questions, please contact our customer support. We are here to assist you in resolving any issues you may encounter.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to providing you a flawless login again.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Are the digital currency on my account safe?
- Bitvavo Account Guarantee
- Bitvavo partnership with Auth0
- Crypto withdrawals lock
- Crypto withdrawals lock for accounts without 2FA security
- How can I make my account even more secure?
- How can you check your account activity?
- How to create a strong password?
- Is it safe to show my wallet address to a third party?
- What should I do if I suspect a third party has access to my Bitvavo account?