Based on applicable rules and regulations as supervised by the Dutch Central Bank, Bitvavo is required to ask certain information before we can offer our services. This is required as, in Europe, the use of digital currencies is identified as an activity that may involve an increased risk.
What kind of questions will be raised?
Bitvavo is required to ask the following questions:
What is the purpose for which you wish to use your Bitvavo account.
What is the origin of the funds you wish to use.
After completing the abovementioned question, we in principle have all required information except if you would like to upgrade your account to a Pro level to receive personal tailored deposit limits.
We understand that you value your privacy and we do everything we can to safeguard the information you provide as well as possible. More information about how Bitvavo handles the information you provide and how Bitvavo ensures the security of your information can be found here.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I create a private account?
- Personal Details
- Can I create a second account?
- Can I create an account if I am younger than 18 years?
- How do I change the name of my account?
- In what countries are Bitvavo's services accessible?
- Which identification documents will be accepted?
- Why did I not receive an activation email?