Given the irreversible character of the blockchain, it is not possible to cancel a transaction after it has been executed. Therefore it is key to be extremely accurate when you transferring digital currency. It is recommended to always ensure that the address to which you are planning to transfer your digital currency, is exactly the same address as that of the receiver and to only then confirm the order. To avoid potential typing errors, please always copy and paste the wallet address instead of reproducing it.
If your digital currency has already been transferred to an incorrect wallet address, the only way to get it back is to contact the receiving party and ask them to return your digital currency. If you are unfamiliar with the owner of the wallet address, there is nothing you can do to get your digital currency back.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I send (withdraw) digital currency to an external wallet?
- How do I transfer (deposit) digital currency to my Bitvavo wallet?
- Wallet verification guide
- Why has the digital currency that I sent to my external wallet not arrived yet?
- Can I cancel a digital currency withdrawal?
- Can I participate in an ICO with my Bitvavo wallet?
- How much are the withdrawal costs (blockchain fees) for digital currency?
- I have transferred digital currency to the wrong address. How do I get it back?
- Is my hosted wallet well secured?