Bitvavo uses a so-called dynamic cooldown period before allowing withdrawals of the digital currency you bought to an external wallet. This cooldown period has been put in place to provide us and other authorities with the time necessary to check whether a user’s account is suspicious or fraudulent and to prevent irreversible transactions with these accounts.
How does the cooldown period work?
The cooldown period is only in place after you have created your account and deposited funds on it. The standard cooldown period is 24hrs. However, this could be increased up to a period of 72hrs for high-risk customers.
During the cooldown period, you cannot withdraw your bought digital currency. Once the cooldown period is finished, it will not bother you again.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove your cooldown period.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Why is it necessary to verify my identity?
- Personal Details
- Where can I download the Bitvavo App?
- In what countries are Bitvavo's services accessible?
- Can I create an account if I am younger than 18 years?
- Welcome Bonus
- How does Bitvavo ensure my privacy?
- What is a cooldown period and for how long is it in place?
- Bitvavo Account Guarantee