Your Bitvavo wallet only supports the digital currencies listed here. Do not attempt to send other digital currencies to your Bitvavo wallet, as these cannot be received and will in most cases be lost.
Initial Coin Offerings (ICO's)
When an ICO is distributed, the digital currency is generally sent back to the wallet address you used to transfer funds in order to participate in the ICO. Because your Bitvavo wallet is unable to receive the digital currency that has been distributed during the ICO, you can not participate in ICO's using a Bitvavo wallet.
If you want to participate in an ICO, you will first have to send your digital currency to an external wallet able to receive the offered coin and participate in the ICO using that external wallet.
Not supported digital currencies
Furthermore, you can not send digital currencies to deposit addresses that your Bitvavo wallet does not support. Even though Bitvavo tries to make digital currency accessible for everyone, it is unfortunately not yet possible to receive every type digital currency on your Bitvavo wallet. Please always make sure that Bitvavo supports the digital currency you intend to deposit and to only then send the digital currency to your Bitvavo wallet.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I send (withdraw) digital currency to an external wallet?
- How do I transfer (deposit) digital currency to my Bitvavo wallet?
- Wallet verification guide
- Why has the digital currency that I sent to my external wallet not arrived yet?
- Can I cancel a digital currency withdrawal?
- Can I participate in an ICO with my Bitvavo wallet?
- How much are the withdrawal costs (blockchain fees) for digital currency?
- I have transferred digital currency to the wrong address. How do I get it back?
- Is my hosted wallet well secured?