Whether a withdrawal can be canceled depends on how far you are in the transaction process. There are two phases:
- Transaction not yet confirmed by you
- Transaction confirmed
Both will be explained separately below.
Transaction not yet confirmed
As long as you have not yet confirmed the withdrawal, it is still possible to cancel your transaction. You can do this by waiting an hour, after which the transaction will be canceled automatically.
If you have already confirmed your withdrawal or used the withdrawal address before, it is no longer possible to cancel the transaction. In this case, it is necessary to contact the receiving party and ask them for their cooperation with returning your digital currency. If the owner of the address is unknown, there is nothing you can do to reclaim your digital currency.
If you intend to transfer digital currency, it is essential to be extremely careful. It is therefore recommended to always ensure that the address to which you are planning to send your digital currency is exactly the same as that of the receiver and only then confirm the withdrawal.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Withdrawal (send) digital currency to an external wallet
- Why has the digital currency that I sent to my external wallet not arrived yet?
- What are the risks of withdrawing crypto assets?
- Address Book
- Can I cancel a digital currency withdrawal?
- The withdrawal costs (blockchain fees) for digital currency
- Why are withdrawals of a digital currency temporarily disabled?
- Why do I get the notification “for safety reasons are your withdrawals temporarily blocked”?