How can I confirm my device?
Bitvavo uses ‘device confirmation’, whereby every device in combination with a browser has to be confirmed before you get access to your account. This process only has to be done once with every device and browser. After the confirmation you will be able to login without these steps next time.
How do I confirm a new device?
When you login with a new browser or device, you have to give permission via email. You can do this by following the steps below:
- You login with an unknown browser or unknown device.
- Bitvavo sends you an email with a confirmation link.
- Click on this link and put in a name for your new device.
- Press on “Confirm device” to confirm your device.
- From here you can log in with your new device.
I do not receive the confirmation email
In some cases, depending on your email provider, it can take up to 10 minutes before you receive your confirmation email. If it there are 10 minutes past and you did not received the confirmation mail yet, your email provider might have marked the activation email as spam. To check this, follow the below steps:
- First check your spam/junk folder. If one of our messages is in this folder, mark our email as “not spam/junk”.
- Add email@example.com to your list of email contacts or safe senders.
- Some email providers automatically remove emails that are marked as spam. By changing your email settings, a copy of your spam emails will be saved. Because changing these settings is different with each provider, we would advise you to put “How can I change my spam settings” with the name of your email provider into Google.
If you changed your settings and are now able to receive our emails, you can get another activation email by going to this page. Put in your email and click on “send again”.
If you still have problems with receiving the activation email, please contact our support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The received link does not work
If the link is invalid or if you get an error saying that the link is expired, it is probably caused by too many login tries without confirming your device. For each login there has been send an email, but only the most recent one is valid. Please wait until you have received all the confirmation emails and delete those. After that, you can start the process again so you know that you use the most recent email. Please note that this process has to start and end with the same device and the same IP-address.