How can I confirm my device?
Bitvavo uses ‘device confirmation’, which requires every device to be confirmed before it can be used to access your account. This process only has to be done once for every device and browser. After confirmation you will be able to login without following these steps next time.
How do I confirm a new device?
To login from a new browser or device, you will have to give permission by email. You can do so by following the steps below:
- You login from an unknown browser or unknown device.
- Bitvavo sends you an email with a confirmation link.
- Click this link and enter a name for your new device.
- Press “Confirm device” to confirm your device.
- You can now log in from your new device.
I did not receive the confirmation email
In some cases, depending on your email provider, receiving your confirmation may take up to 10 minutes. If after 10 minutes you have not received the confirmation email, your email provider may have marked the activation email as spam. In order to check this, follow the steps below:
- First check your spam/junk folder. If one of our messages is in this folder, mark our email as “not spam/junk”.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of email contacts or safe senders.
- Some email providers automatically remove emails that have been marked as spam. By changing your email settings, a copy of your spam emails will be saved. Since changing these settings is different for each provider, we would advise you to Google“How can I change my spam settings” along with the name of your email provider.
Once you have changed your settings and are able to receive our emails, you can get another activation email by going to this page. Enter in your email and click on “send again”.
If you are still having trouble with receiving the activation email, please contact our support team by sending an email to email@example.com.
The received link does not work
If the link is invalid or get an error occurs saying that the link is expired, it is probably because there have been too many login tries without confirming the device. For each login an email has been sent, but the most recent one is the only one that is valid. Please wait until you have received all confirmation emails and delete those. After that, you can restart the process in order to make sure the email contains a valid link. Please note that this process has to start and end with the same device and the same IP-address.