How can I make my account even more secure?
Bitvavo does everything to protect your account as well as possible. But besides our security measures, there are also measures you can take to make your account safer. An overview is given below
Please Note: the overview below is not all-inclusive and is only intended as an indication.
- Strong password
- Use a password that is difficult to retrieve for your Bitvavo account. Also, do not use a password that you also use for other accounts.
- How you create a strong password is explained here.
- Two-factor authentication
- Enable two-factor authentication for your account. This makes your account even more secure and you need to enter both your password and a code on your mobile when logging in.
- What is two-factor authentication and how you enable this is explained here.
- Well secured e-mail account
- Make sure that your e-mail account that is linked to your Bitvavo account is properly secured. Do this by enabling two-factor authentication for your e-mail account and periodically check haveibeenpwned.com if your e-mail account has not been hacked.
- Anti-phising code
- An anti-phishing code is included in all e-mails sent by Bitvavo. Check whether the mail you received from Bitvavo contains an anti-phishing code and whether it matches the anti-phishing code as given in your account.
- How you change your anti-phishing code is explained here.
By following the abovementioned steps, you could optimize the protection of your account.