Why does my two-factor authentication (2FA) not work?
There can be two causes if your 2FA code does not work:
- You have set up 2FA multiple times on the same device.
Check if the code you put in on Bitavo belongs to your account or to a different service.
- The time on your device is incorrect.
This might lead to codes that are not in sync. To solve this you have to make sure that the time on your device is set on automatic (and not on manual), and has the correct timezone.
If the problem is not solved by one of abovementioned solutions, you can reset your 2FA.
Resetting Two-factor authentication
If you have problems with accessing your account using 2FA and you can not solve them or you have lost your mobile phone, you can recover your 2FA by clicking on this link: Reset 2FA.
After that you should:
- Fill in your username and password.
- Click on “Disable 2FA”.
- Confirm the email you got by clicking on the confirmation link.
- Fill in the code you got via a text message.
Please note: Withdrawals of your digital currencies will be blocked for 2 weeks once you reset your 2FA. If you want to withdraw your funds earlier, you can find here how you could unlock withdrawals from your account.