Why does my two-factor authentication (2FA) not work?
If your 2FA code does not function properly, it might be the result of one of the following causes:
- You have set up 2FA multiple times on the same device.
Check whether the code you entered on Bitvavo belongs to your account or to a different service.
- The time on your device is incorrect.
This might lead to codes that are not in sync. In order to solve this, you will have to ensure that the time on your device is set to automatic (as opposed to manual), and has set to the correct timezone.
If the problem can not solved by one of solutions mentioned above, you can always reset your 2FA.
Resetting Two-factor authentication
After that you will have to:
- Enter your username and password.
- Click “Disable 2FA”.
- Confirm the email you have receiverd by clicking on the confirmation link.
- Enter the code you sent to you by text message.
Please Note: When you reset your 2FA, digital currency withdrawals will be automatically blocked for 7 days. This blockage is irreversible and cannot be removed prematurely. During the withdrawal block, you can make euro withdrawals and trade unlimited.