Why is it necessary to verify my identity?
ID verification is always required except if you would like to (initially) deposit less than €5.000 in your Bitvavo account. ID verification is necessary to prevent fraud, money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
With a deposit of more than € 5,000 and/or with a withdrawal of digital currency, we ask you to verify your identity.
How can I verify my identity?
In almost all cases, the verification process is automatically screened and usually completed within a few minutes.
What is important when I upload my identity document?
The following things are important when uploading your identification document:
- You can only upload a passport, ID card or driver's license.
- Only one of the following file types can be uploaded:
- JPG / JPEG;
- Make sure the entire document is visible, including all corners and sides.
- Make sure all the information is clearly visible and has not been covered up.
- Make sure the document is well lit, but free from reflection.
- Make sure the document is valid and has not expired.
- If you suspect that your document is not correct, please restart the process. Do not try to complete the verification process if you know something is wrong.
More information on how Bitvavo uses your identification document and how Bitvavo warrants your document’s safety can be found here.
In some cases additional information may be required. If this is the case, please contact our support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.