Why is it necessary to verify my identity?
ID verification is always required except if you would like to (initially) deposit less than €5.000 in your Bitvavo account. ID verification is necessary to prevent fraud, money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
How can I verify my identity?
You can easily verify your identity by uploading a copy of your identification document. This will be screened automatically in almost all cases, a process which generally only takes a couple of minutes.
What is important when I upload my identity document?
The following things are important when uploading your identification document:
- You can only upload a passport, ID card or driver's license.
- Only one of the following file types can be uploaded:
- JPG / JPEG;
- Make sure the entire document is visible, including all corners and sides.
- Make sure all the information is clearly visible and has not been covered up.
- Make sure the document is well lit, but free from reflection.
- Make sure the document is valid and has not expired.
- If you suspect that your document is not correct, please restart the process. Do not try to complete the verification process if you know something is wrong.
More information on how Bitvavo uses your identification document and how Bitvavo warrants your document’s safety can be found here.
In some cases additional information may be required. If this is the case, please contact our support team by sending an email to email@example.com.