What are API keys and how do I create them?
An API key is a code that is used to interact with your account programmatically. You can use this to interact with your Bitvavo account, without releasing your password and account name. Be aware: If you share this API key with third parties, that party will be allowed to perform (automatic) actions for you.
How do I create API keys?
Creating an API key is done as follows:
- Log in to your Bitvavo account.
- Click on your name at the top right and choose "API".
- Click on the button ''Request new API Key''.
- Enter the API key name and the IP address(es) that you want to restrict access to. If you do not supply an IP whitelist, anyone with the keys may perform actions on your account. It is highly recommended to use the IP whitelist.
Please note: It is important that multiple IP address must be separated by commas.
- Choose which permissions you want to add to the API key. Please note: Withdrawals requested with API keys will bypass 2FA.
- Click on ''Confirm''.
Please note: To create an API key, 2FA must be enabled.
If you were not able to create API Keys, despite having followed the steps mentioned above, please contact our support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.