What are API keys and how do I create them?
An API key is a code that is used to grant a third party access to your Bitvavo account, without releasing your password and account name. A third party will be given the opportunity to perform (automatic) actions for you.
How do I create API keys?
Creating an API key is done as follows:
- Log in to your Bitvavo account;
- Click on your name at the top right and choose “API”.
- Click on the button ''Request new API Key ''
- Enter your name and IP address.
Please note: It is important that the IP address is entered comma delimited.
- Choose which options you want to add to the API.
- Click on ''Confirm''.
Please note: To create an API key 2FA must be enabled.
If you were not able to create API Keys, despite having followed the steps mentioned above, please contact our corporate support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.