Proof of Funds
Based on applicable rules and regulations Bitvavo is (in some cases) required to investigate the origin of the funds used on the Bitvavo platform.
When is a Proof of Funds required
Please note: Bitvavo reserves the right to request a Proof of Funds even though you did not exceed the limits of your account level.
What is Proof of Funds?
A Proof of Funds (POF) is any (collection of) document(s) that explains where the funds used for an incoming transfer originate from.
Any POF document submitted needs to cover all deposits or withdrawals via that particular funding method. If a customer has made deposits or withdrawals earlier he or she should make sure that the POF documentation covers any previous deposits or withdrawals as well as the most recent one.
Acceptable individual POF documentation:
- Tax return (last taxable year)
- Payment slip(s) showing last 12 months income
- Bank account statement
- Equities statement broker
- Gift agreement + bank statement gift
- Deed of transfer + bank statement deed of transfer
- Other documents
For digital currencies:
- Transaction history other exchanges showing purchase digital currencies
- Trading history of other exchanges showing trading profits
- Other documents
Proof of Funds requirements
- Income: Gross income of EUR 70K+
- Liquid Net Worth: Liquid net worth of EUR 90K+
- Net Worth: Net Worth of EUR 500K+
Based on the provided documentation individual limits will be determined.
You can submit your documents here under the section "Proof of funds" as shown in the below printscreen.
We understand that you value your privacy and we do everything we can to safeguard the information you provide as good as possible. More information about how Bitvavo handles the information you provide and how Bitvavo ensures the security of your information can be found here.