How can I whitelist a wallet address?
Note: Address whitelisting is only available for old customers. New customers use an adressbook.
It is possible in to whitelist several wallet addresses, which makes your account even more secure. In this article we explain what a whitelist for wallet addresses is and how you can use it.
What is a whitelist for wallet addresses?
When adding an external wallet address to your whitelist, you can only withdraw digital currency to this wallet address, after which it is no longer possible to withdraw digital currency to other wallet addresses. For every digital currency, it is possible to add multiple wallet addresses to your whitelist. You can whitelist wallet addresses for every individual digital currency and you can add an unlimited amount of addresses.
Additionally, it is possible to whitelist your already verified bank account. This allows you to withdraw funds to your bank account after whitelisting other wallet addresses, or, if you have not yet whitelisted any other wallet addresses, to only allow withdrawals to your bank account (and no longer to external wallets).
Here are two examples to illustrate the use of whitelisting:
- Imagine you only whitelist the wallet address of your external Bitcoin wallet. In this case, it is no longer possible to withdraw to any other addresses, including your verified bank account. If you do want to withdraw to your verified bank account, you will have to whitelist that IBAN as well.
- Imagine you only whitelist your verified bank account. In this case it is no longer possible to withdraw to other addresses. If you do want to withdraw to other external wallets, you will have to whitelist those addresses first.
By whitelisting your wallet addresses you prevent a third party, in the event this third party has acquired your credentials, from withdrawing funds to an undesired wallet address. Whitelisting thus makes your account even safer.
How do I add a wallet address to my whitelist?
To add a wallet address on your whitelist, please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Bitvavo account.
- Click your name in the upper right corner.
- Next, choose the option "Whitelist".
- Then click "add address", where you can enter your wallet address.
- Finally, it is required to enter your 2FA code.
After completing these steps, your Bitvavo account will only accept this wallet address for withdrawals.