A market order is an instruction from a user to execute an order immediately and for the best available price at that time. Market orders are the simplest order type, with no predetermined price or time frame being specified. For that reason, they are executed instantly; however, the price at which the order is executed may deviate from the indicative prices given in the order book.
Please note: when buying or selling digital currencies where there is a large spread, it is recommended that you do not use this order type.
How do I execute a market order?
- Go to the advanced dashboard.
- At the top left, choose the market in which you want to trade.
- Choose a buy or sell order.
- Choose a market order.
- Specify the quantity that you want to buy or sell.
- Click on 'Continue'.
Want to learn more about the different order types and when to use them? Read about it in this Bitvavo Learn article.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How are cryptocurrency prices determined?
- How do I cancel or change an open order?
- Limit order - Fill Or Kill
- Limit order - Good Til Canceled
- Limit order - Immediate Or Cancel
- Market order
- Stages of the listing and delisting of digital currency
- Stop limit order
- Which different order types exist?
- Which trading pairs are available?