Bitvavo offers a convenient Recurring Buy feature that allows you to automatically buy cryptocurrencies from your EUR balance. This feature is also referred to as Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA), and it enables you to invest in cryptocurrencies without the need to monitor the market constantly.
Bitvavo fills the order at a random timestamp on the day you selected for your recurring purchase. This randomization is in place to prevent market manipulation and front-running. If you want to execute a trade at a specific timestamp of your choosing, we recommend placing the trade manually.
Setting up a Recurring Buy order
- Log in to your Bitvavo account.
- Navigate to the "Recurring Buy" section on Wallet in your app.
- Choose the cryptocurrency you want to purchase on a regular basis, funded from your EUR balance. You can select from a variety of available cryptocurrencies.
- After selecting your desired cryptocurrency, choose the day of the month on which you want your recurring purchase to take place. You can select any day of the month that suits your financial planning.
- Enter the monthly amount in EUR you intend to purchase in the selected cryptocurrency. This is the amount that will be automatically deducted from your EUR balance.
- After choosing your cryptocurrency, selecting the preferred day of the month, and specifying the EUR amount, click "Continue" to proceed.
Removing a Recurring Buy
- To easily remove a Recurring Buy order, go to the Recurring Buy section.
- Locate the Recurring Buy you wish to remove and click on the three dots icon (ellipsis) next to it.
- Select the "Remove" option to cancel the recurring purchase. Removing a Recurring Buy means you won't continue purchasing the chosen asset on a regular basis.
What happens if my Euro balance on Bitvavo doesn't cover my next Recurring Buy order?
In this case, the order will not be executed. Your Recurring Buy will take place on the next scheduled purchase date, unless you cancel it or lack sufficient funds in your Euro balance.
Are there any fees that apply?
Yes, the fees applied for regular buys also will be used for Recurring Buy purchases. By default, taker fees apply for each Recurring Buy purchase. If your available Euro balance is insufficient, the purchase will not be executed.
When will my order be executed?
Bitvavo executes the order at a random time within the day you've chosen for your recurring purchase, and this time varies for each execution. This randomization is in place to prevent market manipulation and front-running. If you want to execute a trade at a specific timestamp of your choosing, we recommend placing the trade manually.
Can I cancel and/or modify my Recurring Buy order any time?
Yes, you can always cancel a Recurring Buy. At this moment it is not possible yet to adjust a Recurring Buy order after setting it up.
Can I have multiple Recurring Buy orders for the same asset?
Yes, this is possible. You can set up as many Recurring Buys as you want, including multiple for the same asset.
Will I receive a reminder before my next Recurring Buy order is executed?
You will receive notifications 3 days before your scheduled purchase for both upcoming transactions and if your balance is insufficient. These notifications will be sent via email, push message, and inbox message. You will also receive notifications for both successful and unsuccessful executions of your Recurring Buy order.
Where can I track my overall investments made through Recurring Buy?
You can find this information in both your complete transaction history and the detailed view of each transaction within your Recurring Buy.
What happens when trading of a coin gets halted or when the coin gets delisted?
Currently, we've made a selection of highly traded assets that are widely accessible.
Are there any market movement conditions I can determine for my purchase execution?
Every order will be scheduled randomly on the day of execution. In case you want to determine more detailed conditions yourself, we recommend you manually set up your orders.
Can I see the PnL of my Recurring Buy purchases?
No, currently you cannot see an overview of the gains from your Recurring Buy purchases.