Your Bitvavo wallet only supports the digital currencies listed here. Do not attempt to send other digital currencies to your Bitvavo wallet, as these cannot be received and will, in most cases, be lost.
Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
When an ICO is distributed, the digital currency is generally sent back to the wallet address you used to transfer funds to participate in the ICO. Because your Bitvavo wallet is unable to receive the digital currency that has been distributed during the ICO, you can not participate in ICOs using a Bitvavo wallet.
If you want to participate in an ICO, you will first have to send your digital currency to an external wallet able to receive the offered coin and participate in the ICO using that external wallet.
Not supported digital currencies
Furthermore, you can not send digital currencies to deposit addresses that your Bitvavo wallet does not support. Even though Bitvavo tries to make digital currency accessible for everyone, it is unfortunately not yet possible to receive every type of digital currency in your Bitvavo wallet. Please always make sure that Bitvavo supports the digital currency you intend to deposit and only then send the digital currency to your Bitvavo wallet.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What are the Bitvavo hosted (hot) wallets?
- Is my hosted wallet well secured?
- Which digital currencies are supported by the hosted wallet of Bitvavo?
- Which blockchain network do I have to use to send and receive my crypto assets?
- Where can I find the private keys of my hosted wallet?
- What are airdrops and can I receive them on my hosted wallet?
- Can I participate in an ICO with my Bitvavo wallet?