The security of your hosted wallet is Bitvavo’s highest priority. Bitvavo has the following measures in place to ensure the security of your hosted wallet at Bitvavo:
- Stichting Bitvavo Payments
All of the customers’ digital currency is saved in an omnibus account issued by Stichting Bitvavo Payments, an entity entirely separate from Bitvavo B.V. This way, the results of Bitvavo B.V. can not have the slightest impact on the funds of the users of Bitvavo.
- Cold Wallets
Most of the digital currencies of our users are stored on so-called ‘cold wallets’. These wallets are not connected to the internet and are stored securely. This way, these cold wallets cannot be hacked. To guarantee that you can sell or withdraw your funds quickly, Bitvavo keeps a percentage of the stored digital currency on a so-called ‘hot wallet’.
- Multisignature Wallets
The cold wallets which Bitvavo uses are multi-signature wallets. Because of this, only a select number of Bitvavo employees have access to the cold wallets, and they can only access them together.
- Guaranteed accounts
To bring the security of our user assets to the next level, we are introducing the Bitvavo Account Guarantee. Should someone gain unauthorized access to your Bitvavo account and misappropriate funds, you may now be eligible for reimbursement of up to EUR 100.000.
By taking, among other things, the above-mentioned measures your hosted wallet is extremely well secured. Nevertheless, you are, of course, free to withdraw your funds to your own external wallet to ensure that you are completely independent. How you can withdraw your funds to an external wallet is explained in more detail here.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What are the Bitvavo hosted (hot) wallets?
- Is my hosted wallet well secured?
- Which digital currencies are supported by the hosted wallet of Bitvavo?
- Which blockchain network do I have to use to send and receive my crypto assets?
- Where can I find the private keys of my hosted wallet?
- What are airdrops and can I receive them on my hosted wallet?
- Can I participate in an ICO with my Bitvavo wallet?