If you're not able to log in because you no longer have the mobile phone on which your 2FA code (authenticator) is installed, you can reset 2FA. This step removes your 2FA security layer from your Bitvavo account. This allows you to log in with just your email address and password. For example, in the following situations:
- Your phone has been stolen/lost;
- You have a new phone;
- Authentication app has been (accidentally) deleted.
Please note: that resetting is only possible if you still have access to the phone number associated with your Bitvavo account. If you wish to have your 2FA removed, please read further at the bottom of the article.
Use the following link to reset your 2FA: Reset 2FA. You will then need to follow the steps below:
Enter your username and password and click 'Disable 2FA'.
- You will then receive an email and SMS message on your phone.
Open the email and confirm resetting your 2FA by clicking on the confirmation link.
Finally, enter the code you received by SMS. After clicking 'Restore 2FA', 2FA is disabled.
Please note: that withdrawals from your digital currency will be blocked for 24 hours after resetting your 2FA.
Have your 2FA removed
If resetting your 2FA code does not work because you have a different phone number, for example, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with:
- A photo of yourself holding your identity document and clearly showing it to the camera, including a piece of paper with today's date on it.
- Please put 'Reset 2FA' in the subject line.
We ask for the above to verify that this application actually comes from you. We recommend re-enabling it as soon as possible after removing your 2FA.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Staking on Bitvavo
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Digital currency and tax
- How can I change my anti-phishing code?
- How can I change my bank account?
- How can I change my email address?
- How can I change my password?
- How can I confirm my device?
- How can I move my two-factor authentication (2FA) to a new phone?
- How can I restore my password?