You can easily transfer digital currency that you already own (for example in your external wallet) to your Bitvavo wallet. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Bitvavo account.
- Go to the digital currency you want to deposit and click on it.
- Go to 'Deposit' and click on it.
- If you want to deposit an asset that we only support on the ERC-20 network, you must indicate in an extra step that you understood this. To do this, type ERC-20 understood in the text box and click continue.
- The address of your Bitvavo wallet will now be displayed. You can transfer your digital currency using this address.
Please note: For currencies such as EOS, NEM, Steem, XLM and XRP you will need to add an additional description.
Generally the transferred digital currency will be added to your Bitvavo account within a of couple minutes to several hours. The timeframe depends on how quickly your transaction is confirmed by the network, and how many confirmations we require, which differs for every digital currency.
Please Note: Be very careful when sending digital currency to your Bitvavo account. If digital currency is incorrectly deposited due to a user's error (eg wrong address, unsupported currency or network), this results in the funds being lost.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I send (withdraw) digital currency to an external wallet?
- How do I transfer (deposit) digital currency to my Bitvavo wallet?
- Wallet verification guide
- Why has the digital currency that I sent to my external wallet not arrived yet?
- Can I cancel a digital currency withdrawal?
- Can I participate in an ICO with my Bitvavo wallet?
- How much are the withdrawal costs (blockchain fees) for digital currency?
- I have transferred digital currency to the wrong address. How do I get it back?
- Is my hosted wallet well secured?